The refundable damage deposit is held by HolidayRentPayment, the payment processor for HomeAway Payments. The damage deposit will not be sent to your account unless you raise a case with HomeAway to report damages. You can raise a case by contacting HomeAway:
Phone: +44 208 827 1971
Contact Form: Available by clicking here.
Deposits are automatically refunded to guests either 7 days or 14 days after check-out, depending on the grace period you selected for your listing. See "Can I automatically issue refunds to guests?" for more information.
To set up your automatic refund:
- Login to your HomeAway account
- Select a listing
- Click Edit Property & Rates
- Click Rates
- In the Security Deposit section, select Refundable Damage Deposit
- Enter the amount
- Under Refunding the Damage Deposit, select Schedule the Refund When No Damage is Reported
- From the drop down menu, select 7 days or 14 days
- Click Save at the bottom of the page
As a HomeAway customer, you are also able to report damage and subtract the cost from the refundable damage deposit, as well as delay automatic refunds through your dashboard.